Subject: [Leica] Yumpin' Yupiter
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 22:48:40 -0400

	I recently bought a 50/1.5 Russian lens on ebay for $75. I've always
heard them called "Jupiter," but this one was sold as a "Yupiter." I've
only run a few rolls past it, and I'm most interested in the wide open
performance, as I have a 50 Summicron.
	I have jet to get into the darkroom to see what kind of 11X14 it will
produce; but so far as scans go, it's decent. Like the country and
western song says, "It ain't love (leica?), but it ain't bad."
Two shots with the (very) poor man's Summilux, wide open, of course.
http://www.worldpath.net/~pjs/17.jpg
http://www.worldpath.net/~pjs/18.jpg
Phil Stiles NH USA