Subject: [Leica] 135 Tele-Elmar-M - Vintage 1978 -HELP- purchased used
From: "goldframe" <goldframe1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 17:54:28 -0600

I have just bought and received a 135 Tele-Elmar-M - Vintage 1978 from the
serial number list (#2907495).

This is my first lens that goes back that far and I'm not sure the lens is
"right".

When the lens is mounted on my M6 the lenses Depth of Field scale is not at
the 12 o'clock position, relative to the camera, and the lenses focus ring
near setting (1.5) and infinity setting does line up on the Depth of Field
scales "zero" mark.  Rather, with the lens fully retracted, infinity
setting, the focus ring is way past infinity and is past the white M (for
meters) and is on a "55" marking across from the "zero" mark (for f4) on the
Depth of Field scale - with the lens fully extended, closest focus, the
focus ring is at 1.7 not 1.5 across from the "zero" mark on the Depth of
Field scale.

Also, the f-stop ring has 2 sets of numbers 4 through 22, one on the top and
another on the lower part of the ring.

Is this correct??? - I just got the lens in the mail from the seller.  The
lens itself is in reasonably nice condition.

Thanks - gold