Subject: Re: [Leica] an ethical question....
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:13:47 -0500

>From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
>
>> Are you insinuating that no one else can take pictures at the wedding if
>the
>> bride and groom signed a contract saying such?  The bride and groom
>signing
>> a contract as such (and I would doubt they would) does not obligate people
>> who are not party to the contract!  Now, the bride and groom may ask you
>> not take pictures, and if you do, may ask you to leave...but they wouldn't
>> have many friends if they didn't let friends take pictures.
>>
>> I can't imagine anyone asking for such an obligation in the first place,
>> much less anyone agreeing to it!
>

>I attended a wedding where the official "photographer" was confiscating all
>cameras and removing the film before returning them the gests if he saw them
>taking photos. What a jerk!
>The bride had signed the contract containing such a clause without being
>aware of the consequences. She tried to protest the photographer's behavior
>to which he replied: "you signed the contract".
>
>Joe Codispoti

Now this is a great example of how NOT to do business.
But anyway, who would give him their camera?

Joe, did he take yours?       Please tell me "no"

Why would ANYONE  EVER hire him again - even to photograph a dog fight?

Oh that explains it - he only got one job a year because of his behaviour
and he was fighting to keep it!

Henry

Replies: Reply from "Bill Grimwood" <Bill@grimwood.net> (Re: [Leica] an ethical question....)
Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] an ethical question....)