Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica Facts revisited
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 15:36:35 -0400

At 11:28 AM 5/10/2001 -0700, Stephen Gandy wrote:

>Thank you for filling in the details.  Even so, I've had people behind the
counter
>at national photo distributors give me wrong info.  This information needs
to be
>confirmed by several Konica sources, to make sure you were in fact given
accurate,
>up to date information.

Uh ... Planet Earth to Stephen?  Erwin specifically stated that his source
were the SERVICE people at Konica in Europe and that the information they
gave him was the information THEY use in adjusting these cameras.  These
are not "people behind the counter" -- these are technicians sharing the
standards they use in their daily work.  Confirm it if you wish -- but I
have trouble believing that Konica has two different sets of standards, one
for Europe and one for the rest of the World.  Or, again, are you
suggesting that Konica is so incompetent that they cannot tell their own
people how to repair their cameras?  Oy vey!  Shades of Zeiss Ikon!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!