Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: RE: Konica fiction
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:03:36 +0100

Jim Brick wrote:

"Because, unlike most of us, Erwin does not post ad hoc dissertations to the
LUG without doing the necessary research.

I do not know anyone who researches photography more carefully than Erwin.
This IS Erwin."

However without a *source* for the Konica figure, it's merely a claim, not
an established fact. It's a very interesting claim, because it comes from
someone with a formidable reputation, and I have little doubt that it may
well be an *accurate* claim, but it remains uncorroborated.

Over a year ago I also asked a LUG poster for the source of the information
he'd published. I was supported in my request by another LUG member who
wrote: "David Morton is correct is insisting that information with a high
journalistic content should be treated as such". That LUG member was Erwin
Puts, you can see the whole posting at
http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/v10/msg07638.html

I am not - emphatically *NOT* - arguing with, or criticising, Mr Puts. I am
merely asking that he provide a source for the information he has published.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk