Subject: RE: [Leica] Konica facts
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 22:06:05 -0700

>> Why not just use the Konica lenses on the Hexar body and Leica lenses on
>> the Leica body and avoid all compatibility problems?
>
>Because a lot of folks who are already heavily invested in Leica lenses
>would love to be able to use them with any or all of the following
>functions:
>
>-- a usable 1/125s flash synch
>-- a self-timer
>-- 1/4000s top shutter speed
>-- quiet, built-in motor drive
>-- AE and AEL
>
>If Leica offered these in an M body, I'd be first in line to buy it.
>
>Dan

But Dan, given the fact that there have been and apparently continue to be
problems with using Leica glass on the Konica body, it seems kind of
foolhardy to want to do so. The user is running the risk of putting, what,
1K into an electronic body that is not garanteed to work with Leica lenses
though the mount is ostensibly *the same*.

Not to open that ol' can o' worms again, but if the features you mention
were truly important to me, I wouldn't be using an M6 in the first place.

Guy