Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kodak Rapid Fixer (WAS D400 new trial)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 08:29:43 -0700

Dan Honemann wrote:

> Mark,
>
> > KRF   Kodak Rapid Fixer (A only) ...KRFA
>
> Why don't you mix in the B?
>
> Just curious,
> Dan

It's battery acid. (Sulfuric acid)
Hardening paper make them harder to wash well enough or tone, they get in the
way of the archival process so are widely not used. Very corrosive and the most
smelly thing in your darkroom your whole darkroom experice will brighten becuase
of it not being there. Your drains will last longer. I don't use it for negs
either most T Max films have the hardener built in thank goodness.
They make your prints impervious to spot tone and your prints feel slimy like
dead fish when wet.
Nope I get the cubetainers of just the "A" and they don't make me buy any "B"
(for battery acid in my book.)

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA