Subject: Re: [Leica] 6x9/6x7/6x4.5 rangefinders
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 04:08:14 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "George Kenney" <georgekenney@earthlink.net>
>
> So, after much deliberatin, I decided that Fuji was out because of
> 1) its shutter that sounds like a 'zippo lighter' according to many
> internet sources, and 2) the shutter, again, which requires on "T" to
> rotate the ring to close (can you imagine the mind-boggling stupidity
> of this design?); despite very high recommendations overall for its
> quality of glass.

on the fuji GS645 the shutter needs to be cocked to close the body, and the
focus must be set to infinity.  and there's a safety interlock to
prevents you from doing this.

i own a GS645, and the real fears you should have with buying a
used one are: 1) bellows leaks,
2) mechanical problems if badly handled and 3) difficulty obtaining
some repair parts.  wayne mcever at http://www.peachtreecamerarepair.com/
(authorized fuji repair) can set these straight; he helped me.

- -rei