Subject: Re: [Leica] SLR lenses
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 22:21:00 -0700

"Dr. Joseph Yao" wrote:

> on 7/5/01 9:36 PM, Michael E. Bérubé at MEB@goodphotos.com wrote:
>
> > Pascal is right, I'll also probably stay away from the R6.2 because of its
> > LEDs (and my budget is more SL/SL2 than R6.2/R8 at the moment anyhow.)
>
> Don't under value the SL2.  Since relatively few were made, a clean one can
> easily cost over $1,000.  Money issue aside, the most frustrating aspect of
> SL/SL2 ownership is incompatibility with current R (ROM, or even 3rd-cam)
> lenses.
>
> Joseph

Right, the SL2 is always a bit more $$$ than an SL, but I think Michael doesn't
really need the SL2 features that much. Probably the hot shoe on the SL2 would
be the most attractive feature.

If the SL/SL2 is picked then there are lots of very good used 2 cam lenses out
there, not to mention lots of no ROM lenses. Sure, the latest offerings may not
work but it doesn't sound like he needs them for his work.

Bests
Dennis