Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st Orthodox wedding
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 11:01:56 -0400

At 10:24 PM 5/6/01 -0400, Simon S. wrote:
>One day I think I'll just shoot the whole damn thing on the
>Leica handheld and forget about people's expectation of seeing a medium
>format camera. I suspect that they'd get better pictures that way.

I very rarely shoot anything in a wedding with a medium format. I always
OFFER to in my initial interview (as most couples have heard from the
"traditional shooters" that MF is infinitely superior to 35mm in every way)
but my clients rarely want anything larger than an 8X10. Once I show them a
quality printed 8X10 or two that I've shot with 35 and explained how much
less obtrusive I can be and how much faster I can work with 35 (I'm paid
hourly), they are quite satisfied to trust me to get the images they want
any way that I want and most of them send me work and offer to act as
references after they get their pictures so I assume that I'm doing
something right. ;)

I highly recommend dispensing with any equipment that one prefers not to
work with. Life is too brutish and short as it is to be forced to also
shoot in a way that is uncomfortable, just for appearances...and you are
right, if you are more comfortable they'll probably get better pictures
that way anyhow.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.GoodPhotos.com