Subject: [Leica] Light leaks on Leica IIIc (380xxx) - Part III
From: Matej Novak <matej.novak@hermes.si>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 15:29:38 +0200

>  I just got a 1941 Leica IIIc (380xxx) with non-standard flash
> sync installed. When I have had developped the first roll of
> film I noticed that there are bright stripes of irregular shape
> on some of the slides. The stripes extend from the holes on the
> lower side of the film up and through the holes on the upper side
> of the film (if you think about the film in the camera it is
> vice-versa). Most of the stripes are on the right side of the
> slides, except one that is on the left side of the slide (all
> are of the similar shape).

I got my Leica back about a week ago, and the problem was that the
light was leaking at the shutter mechanism release lever (I don't
know if this is the right expression, but I'm speaking of the lever
that is used at the end of film to release the shutter mechanism,
so that you can rewind the film). The repair person has somehow
blocked the light coming from that source, and now it works perfectly.

I also heard about another Leica IIIc which suffered a similar
problem with light leaks. Is this a common problem with the early
IIIc? Does anyone alse has a similar experience.

Ciao,
Matej

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] Light leaks on Leica IIIc (380xxx) - Part III)