Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm SA - metering with M6TTL
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 07:23:03 -0600

The lens will not meter as it is. It is possible to modify the mount;
basically you grind away the obstruction after disassembling the rear
optical group. This modification has received mixed reviews.

The filter size is E48 or series....7...I think. I am not too sure about the
series filter size as I used E48 filters myself.

For a review go here:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/mseries/testm/m21.html

The one advantage the SA has over the 21/2.8Asph is lower distortion. The
21/2.8Asph does not have much distortion; it is just that the 21/3.4 has
even less.

I had a 21/3.4 SA but it really is only good to f/4 which I found to a bit
limiting. I sold it and eventually replaced it the Asph. I have no regrets.
The 21/2.8Asph is a stunning lens wide open. My only problem now is one of
complete incompetence....;-)

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] 21mm SA - metering with M6TTL)