Subject: [Leica] Making a difference
From: Tom Reinhardt <tomr@mems-exchange.org>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 07:35:25 -0400

I guess I'm taking the 'minority' view of this, but those are perhaps
the best photos I've seen on this, or most other related newsgroups, in
some time.  As far as 'art' goes, just ask the simple questions:

  Does the piece stimulate thinking, feeling?

  Is it something that you'll likely remember for a long time?

  Is it about something undeniably human?

I think so.

Was that the 'original' intent?  Probably not.  But, neither was the
design of the original Campbell's Soup Can.  Cultures produce countless
objects that may be so appropriated.

I thank the original poster for the time and insight in posting the
work.

- --TomR