Subject: RE: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:07:19 -0500

Isaac

>>Or even up at the sky? Seriously, a meter can't be "confused", only
photographers can be. Like Mark pointed out, fill the frame with the
ground and make exposure decisions based on that... Or better yet,
ignore the meter altogether and shoot by eye. Once I started doing this
I realized what a crutch the meter was. My meter gets "fooled" a lot
less often now...:-)

Never said a meter could be confused. It says what it says, but it isn't
always right. I find that it's wrong far more often when I use the Heliar.

If you can eyeball the difference between EV 10 and EV 12 my hat is off to
you. Moving back to transparancy film from reversal film has given me new
appreciation for metering.

Dave