Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading Patterson reels OT
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:18:19 +0100

Hi John,

There is a really easy way of loading these reels (assuming we ARE talking
35mm here....)
You can start the film off in daylight.  There is no need to take the film
out of the cassette.

1.  Cut off the film leader, nick the corners of the film at 45 degrees (it
seems to help the film slide into the spiral).
2.  Pull out enough film to enable the film to be pushed into the spiral,
just past the ball-bearings.
3.  Turn off the lights and feed the fim into the spiral - I find that
pulling out a small amount of film from the cassette and then pushing it
into the spiral  works well.
One other thing that can help is to make sure that the spirals are
spotlessly clean AND dry - I use an old hairdryer to make sure - it's also
great for drying RC prints.

Works nearly every time!

Hope it helps and good luck!

Regards