Subject: RE: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:44:28 -0500

Guy

>>I'd love one, but they ain't cheap!

The 21 SA, actually, is one of my dream lenses.<<

I owned a 21/4 SA. Sharp little lens, it was; but a pin-ball machine for
light photons. Very prone to flare. I traded it in on a 21 ASPH. I wish the
new 21 weren't so big. A 21/3.4 would be nice.

I bought the 21/4 from a young woman who was selling her deceased father's
estate. She sold me the lens and then said, "I think there's a little metal
thingy I need to give you." She dug through a box and handed me a set of
eyes for a DR Summicron.   I explained what the eyes were. I happened to
need a pair of DR eyes. The 21/4 was the last thing she had for sale (except
for a Plaubel Makina which I should have bought as well). I offered to pay
her for the eyes, but she gave them to me. To this day, I know there's
someone out there with a DR Summicron trying to view in close range using a
21 metal finder.

Dave