Subject: Re: [Leica] New to scanning, Photoshop, and B&W
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 09:07:13 -0700

I've been using a Umax power look III to scan my medium format and large format
negs for over a year now.
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/ScooterPages/Bob.html  (from a 6x6cm Hassy neg)

I have black cardboard portfolio pages with slides in them of all sizes from
35mm to 4x5. One size per page though.
It's easy to just lay down the black cardboard page on the scanner and set it up
so more then one image off the page gets scanned automatically sequentially.

As a sideline I've gotten heavy into scanning prints, often small old contact
snapshots from many decades gone by.
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/ImagePages/Cleonehandcolored.html

I scan to 1200 or with stepping to 2400 dpi!
Very viable!

I think it would be ok for 35mm use but i did get a Nikon LS-2000 for that.
You can just lay down a bunch of slides and have them scanned sequentially (one
at a time automatically) which would be ok for not larger inkjets.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/