Subject: Re: [Leica] no politics
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 17:58:07 -0500

john@pinkheadedbug.com (Johnny Deadman)5/2/0111:36 AM

> Brian, is the politics of photography ok? I mean this
seriously... Oddmund's
> 'magnum' remarks raised some interesting issues about the way
images are
> used these days.

Please let us find the ways and means to discuss (leica)
photography as a Leica User's Group which INCLUDES Social
Documentary Work!

I believe this subject the most important subject we can discuss
and illustrate. Historically the Leica has played an important
role in bringing us social documents. The subject has great
relevance.

We do not have to attack each other's political views. We can
listen to them. Let us please define what sort of "political"
discussion we will tolerate and which we will not. But let us not
throw the subject of social documentary work out the window in
fear. We must encourage the work and thought in these matters!

Respectfully,

George