Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus and 21mm F4 Color-Skopar
From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 12:56:04 -0700

Mr. Rabiner:
If I can't see much difference in resolution, contrast or vignetting at
F5.6 and 8X10 size, I'd prefer to save the $2000 and put it towards, say, a
300mm F2.8 Nikkor for my F5. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean my
frugality flies out the window, especially if there's not much discernible
difference in optical quality. Yes, my APO-Telyt 135mm F3.4 gives better
photographic results than my 80-200mm F2.8 Nikkor at the same focal length
and aperture, so I know what Leica sharpness is. And no, I can't
consistently get good shots of pro mountain bike racers with my M6 or M3
and A-T, which is why I use the Nikon equipment for those situations.

Flame on, sir...

Mark Bohrer
www.kokophoto.com
Pro mountain bike racing on the web