Subject: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm
From: JULIAN TOPLEY <topley@usa.net>
Date: 2 May 2001 11:12:11 EDT

Does anyone have an opinion or has anyone had experience in using these two
lenses?

The 12mm Heliar gives me an extra 10 degrees of view, it has, dare I say it, a
filter attachment option and is around double the price.

I noted from a recent edition of Leica Fotographie was that there is some
noticable vignetting and more chance of flare when compared with the 15mm
Heliar - is this true?

Information of image quality, usability, differences in the two finders, i.e.
barrelling and build quality would be greatly appreciated.

Julian Topley

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Which Ultra-Wide, Heliar 15mm or Heliar 12mm)
Reply from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> ([Leica] Rodenstock Rave)