Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: autofocus macro
From: lea <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 06:19:54 -0500

Mark,

Many of the shots on my site were done with the Canon EOS system. Much of my newer
(last 2 years or so) work has been done with the Pentax 645N system. And late last
year I added the Olympus E-10 digital camera to my list of available options for
shooting. I also shoot with a Mamiya 7. I have not completely switched to Leica as you
write, simply added it as an option.

I do understand that close up and macro work is possible with a rangefinder system but
on investigating it I found it easier for my type of work to be done with my slr
systems.

This may be an appropriate time to mention that I am completely self-taught (extends
to web design also, I might add) so my blunder in the use of a term isn't surprising
to me. I don't really focus on the verbage of all things photographic (specifically
macro vs. close up) but I do spend an awful lot of time at this craft and at running
my business...which, happily, allows me to wrap my fingers around my cameras every day
if I so choose. I find, in my reading and self-educating, that there is so much very
technical stuff to know about photography that I could swim in the details of it
forever. I just gleen from my reading and looking what I need to know to further my
vision. Others can (and certainly do) tend to the more technical side of things.

And funny that someone mentioned the "home of Hallmark cards" connection. Their
subdivision, Dayspring, licenses my images for use on several products from a book to
journals, address books, note cards and calendars.  Whodda thunk it?

I do make note of your frustration with the small images on my web. I did my site
origianally for my licensors so they could go in and make new image choices without my
agent having to send everything thru the mails. It has, in time, evolved into a much
more wide-use site and I've just not made the 'clickable' change. It is coming. I will
let you know when it I get it completed.

Happy shooting.
Lea

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: autofocus macro)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: autofocus macro)