Subject: Re: [Leica] interesting deal on Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70/2.8 ASPH
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 17:38:15 -0700

Actually, I was thinking about the old days when Harrah's collection was
outside of Reno, in Sparks, I think, before they sold off most of the
collection to pay estate taxes.  It occupied several warehouses or hangars,
and at that, only 1/3 of the collection was on display at any given time.
Even had a Bugatti Royale.  When a new car came in, it was stripped to the
chassis, the various components were sent to their respective shops
(interior, body, engine, chassis, etc.), and any unavailable parts would be
manufactured in their shops.  He would send a car for demonstration at major
Concourses, but never competed in them, thinking it would be unfair.

Tom

> That's an impressive museum, even without the Deusenbergs!  This is the
> antique auto museum in the Imperial Palace hotel in Las Vegas.
>
> Mike D

Leica

Message from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] interesting deal on Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70/2.8 ASPH)