Subject: [Leica] Re: Boring lives
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:25:32 -0400

On Beltane - a day that has been sacred for well over a thousand years
before upstart 'workers' decided collude in an attempt to extort unearned
gain from the men and women who actually create wealth, Oddmund Garvik
resorted to ad hominem (the first refuge of those with nothing otherwise
meaningful to offer) toward someone he really doesn't know much about at
all with:

>God damn it, what a boring life you must have!

Without wasting too much more of the LUGs time on this or resorting to base
profanity, I will disagree with you Sir.

I recognise that life is dripping with ripe possibility, raucous laughter
and prime photographic opportunity that God has offered. I take what She
has offered in as large a quantity as I am able and make an attempt to give
back the same. The difference between us is that I did not join the LUG to
bore everyone with my banal political observations about the minutiae of
everyday life. I make the attempt to reserve such commentary for their
proper venues. (Say a political discussion list?) We would all be far
happier if you and your opponents did the same and we could discuss
photography and its issues.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé

Replies: Reply from "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Boring lives)