Subject: [Leica] leica and romanian orphans
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:25:27 -0400 (EDT)

marked asked of stanislaw:

> > > orphans?????
> >
> > Romanian orphans are a little closer...
> >

>But can you NAME ONE!!??
>That's what we always said sitting around the dinner table when they
>tried to make us eat our peas.

if he read my essay, and i'm assuming he did or he wouldn't have been
sending them money, he can name TEN and tell you exactly how they live.
you can learn ten names of people to send your peas to as well:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/travel/bucharest-2001/

while i realize i can't save 6500 homeless kids in bucharest, i know i can
make a significant difference in the lives of these ten. somehow this
tuggs at the very essence of leica photography for me. you take your magic
little camera and you point it somewhere and if you do it right, a little
bit of good comes out the other end.

kc

please contact me off-list if you'd like to help them out with the price
of a set of lens cleaning tissues or a lenscap, i'll let you know how.

kyle