Subject: [Leica] foot in mouth
From: Stanislaw Stawowy <watteau@email.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 15:42:59 -0400 (EDT)

> > "Sexist behaviour"?
> > Lea, may I be first to apologise for this rude person,
who
> > independent souls but also wise and gay ones, as you
will
> > see in future.
> > Be welcome !!! And lot of light to you !!!!!!!
> >

> This writer (you know who you are)

Yes. I know. Mi'y'a is:
Stanislaw Bartlomiej Andrzej Stawowy herbu Zagiew

>really put his foot in his mouth this time.
> John Collier, one of the LUG's shining lights,
> is Canadian, not American

Sorry! But as a someone who actually likes SouthPark
movie, I can't resist blaming him... :-)

>..and the meaning of the word "gay" has changed in
> the last 30 years.

In Polish there is word: "gej" for homosexual people.
Actually this one is both very kind and nice here;
So I thought there is similar word "gey" in English
and old, shakespearean meaning of "gay" was still
untouched.. I rolled on the floor laughing when
I read this part of your reply..... :-)))))))))))

> In North America it is not considered rude for men
> to treat women with respect.

Yes, but in Poland acting the same (unsexual) way
both to man and woman IS considered at least a
faux pas. Woman SHOULD be in Poland welcomed with
a customized greeting/praise and one welcomed only
with "hello" is expected to feel ugly and ignored.
Cultural differences and barreers are indeed stronger
between American/Canaian and Polish culture than
I ever dreamed of! So what is NOT sexist then?

If a woman comes to office and someone asks her if
she would like to go to e.g. restaurant then he is
sexist? Or when someone gives her flowers? Or
if someone seeing she has problems with hardware
says with smile "Leave it to me, it isn't a job
for woman" ??? Or when someone says "boxing is not
the best sport for woman" or something like it ?????
Yes, you, people from 'the best countries of the
world' gained a lot . But you certainly lost the
Casanovas of yours!
Here this is diferent. There is also no directives
that at least 40% of students should have black
skin or 50% of personnel should be women. There
is no producents of spray paints sued because
someone didn't wrote "do not inhale" on the box.
You may say that we are primitive tribe then,
maybe you are right. But then I may say you are
a cultural agressor and want to make your own
culture a international one. As did Christian
missioneers in Africa, Americans in Vietnam,
Polish soldiers in Tatar... remember
"Merry f**ing Christmas" song from SouthPark?
Or "Jihad vs McWorld" book?

Yours truly (and my gauntlet is ready too!)
- ---
St.
(Stanislaw B.A> Stawowy)

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] foot in mouth)