Subject: RE: [Leica] rec.photo.equipment.35mm
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:25:51 +0200

> "Some of these arrivistes buy Nikon F5s, or Leica R8s, or any other top
> price SLR, only to shoot photos of their cat without ever quite knowing
> what they are doing.  Often their top-of-the-range camera body has a
> mediocre lens on the front, or worse.  We've all seen the messages
> posted by the people with an F100 and kit lenses, or the guy who
> suggested he needed a Tamron mount so he could use his Tamron lenses on
> a Leica SLR body he intended to buy.  Many of these people think that
> because they can buy a Leica, they have somehow acquired the *class*
> that was formerly associated with Leica ownership.  They could not be
> more wrong.  Money doesn't buy class.

It is as simple as that this guy cannot afford a Leica or a F5. Perhaps he
has "class" whatever this could be but he has not got a real good camera and
has a strong will to do it. Almost every friend of mine I know with a Leica
or a F5 is  really a good photograph.

Kind regards

Félix

Replies: Reply from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] rec.photo.equipment.35mm)