Subject: Re: [Leica] new list
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:26:51 -0700

> A good idea but it did not last very long.

If anyone wants to start a serious photography list and wishes to use
mejac.palo-alto.ca.us as a base for it, I'd be happy to discuss having
you host it here. The Rollei list formed this way. I don't promise to
agree to all requests, and the majordomo facilities that mejac uses are
not to everyone's liking, but it has some advantages over Topica.

If you are serious and I think you will be reliable, I'm happy to help
you get your own domain name for your list and set you up with a web
server account so you can make its web page too. Quite a number of the
email lists hosted on my computers have their own domain names; see for
example http://LosAltosMasters.org/

My primary requirement is that the list owner be patient and slightly
computer-literate and be willing to be the policeman/listowner for the
new list. I run about 200 mailing lists here from my little complex of
computers, but I don't participate in most of them.  The Leica-users
list is the second-largest one run on my computers (the largest is
called "oremus"; see http://oremus.org/ if you care).