Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "A. H. Ongun" <ahongun@ecsysinc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:43:56 +0100

I was thinking about why this was an issue, then I realized, it is the
workflow.  My usage of the Rollei is on a tripod most of the time, and I use
strobes majority of the time as well, including on location. Unless I am
shooting still life I also use a prism. I meter. I set the aperture and
shutter speed. I also take polaroid(s) of each different shot, and also
switch backs each time I change a setting to have a reference frame tied to
the particular roll.  So, speed is not an issue at all.  Of course there are
times you can't be this deliberate and that's where the grip and in camera
metering (with bracketing options) come into play.  I also shoot
transparency film most of the time.

If I were using a Hassy, I don't think my use or method of working would be
any different.  So, I wouldn't call them different cameras for different
uses, at least in my case.

Of course, your methods work for you, and what you like about the 205 might
not suit me.  Obviously 6008 doesn't suit you.  I'd say each to his/her own.

Now, as far as M is concerned, of course it is lighter and easier to "lug"
around.  That's why I like it as a personal (as opposed to work) camera.
But comparing the M to a medium format SLR is going even beyond comparing
apples and oranges.

andy