Subject: RE: [Leica] universal polarizer woes
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:47:03 -0400

> How's upstate New York doing?
> I used to spend my summers there in the 50's and 60's and have the fondest
> memories of the Binghamton Norwich area. Tried to make it up
> there last October
> but just couldn't quite swing it that trip. It's been decades. I
> hear it's still
> not all strip malls yet. Still a few trees left?

Mark,

Plenty of trees where I was, which was maybe 80 miles northwest of
Binghamton, in the Canadian finger lakes area (45 min. south of Rochester).
Beautiful, beautiful territory, with sweeping vistas of hillsides and
farmlands, cascading streams, and of course those wonderful lakes.  I wound
up shooting 18 rolls of E6 during the course of the week, and ran out of
film before I ran out of shots.

I love it up there.  New England just does something for me.  I was also
quite fond of Ottawa/Wakefield Quebec, Canada when I was there last fall.

Dan