Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:09:46 -0400

> Back in the old days (1963 ) when I was the student photog
> shooting sports at my college, I preferred the Rollei to the
> Leica RF, even though the lens was slower, Because
> A. It was easier to focus

For me, that is certainly not true.

> B. The larger format meant less likelihood of blurring the
> picture at slow shutter speeds from camera movement.

I don't understand how that follows?

> C. You have higher strobe sync speeds,

That is true, but by virtue of the leaf shutter...which has its downsides
too.

> D. And oh yeah, we could see if we were about to be hit by
> several hundred pounds of football players.

Yeah, but you'd run the wrong way ;-)

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] Was Medium format camera (now pit-bull arena))