Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Medium format camera for a Leica user?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:15:58 -0400

> a Rolleiflex TLR is close to the speed
> of a Leica
> M, a Hasselblad or Rollei 600x is quite a bit slower, and a
> Mamiya SLR is a
> studio-only item save for the physically extreme in our number.

A Rollei TLR near a M?  Come on.  My biggest complaint with the Rollei TLR
is it is so damn awkward to use.  There is no way you can focus, shoot and
wind without swapping hands twice.  I agree the Rollei 600x is more a studio
camera, but the Hasselblad is no where near the size of the Rollei 600x and
is probably about the same size as the TLR...and MUCH easier and faster to
use.  I do a LOT of existing light with my Hasselblads...and the F series
have, for the most part, the fastest lenses available...

I do agree completely, that it depends on what you are trying to do...and MF
does have a LOT of variants...Rangefinders, SLRs, TLRs....folding
rangefinders...

What are you trying to do?