Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: I need help locating a poem for my father's eulogy
From: Stanislaw Stawowy <watteau@email.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:57:57 -0400 (EDT)

John

It is sad to hear about your father's death,
it is good to hear your words about him.

I couldn't find poem now; I will continue
search tomorrow. I am giving you two poems
I thought you will like to read them.

- -----------
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

- - Anonymous

- -----------
I do not want a plain box, I want a sarcophagus
With tigery stripes, and a face on it
Round as the moon, to stare up.
I want to be looking at them when they come
Picking among the dumb minerals, the roots.
I see them already-the pale, star-distance faces.
Now they are nothing, they are not even babies.
I imagine them without fathers or mothers, like the first
gods.
They will wonder if I was important.

- - Sylvia Plath "Last Words"

St.