Subject: [Leica] OT: I need help locating a poem for my father's eulogy
From: "robert collier" <rcollier@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:42:47 -0700

Well after a wonderful time in Victoria, I said good bye to my father on
Friday little realizing that it would be my final good bye. Fortunately my
father and I were at peace with each other and there are no regrets nor
unfinished business. When I heard that he was struck by a brain hemorrhage I
jumped on the plane to Kelowna, the only plane available, and drove from
there to my home in Castlegar but I was unable to make it in time. Then, not
knowing what to do, I did what I always do; I took out my camera and
photographed my mother's last night with her husband and all the children
saying farewell. In the morning we carefully washed the body and the
mortuary took him away. I will post some pictures soon.

We are trying to track down a poem for his memorial service and would
appreciate any help you can give us. The poem starts roughly as follows:

Oh man of the house you have left us,
Your chair by the fireside is empty.

We believe it was authored by an Irish woman but we are not sure. Any help
anyone can give me would be gratefully appreciated. Please reply to the
address below as I am not subscribed at my mother's house:

rcollier@look.ca

Thank you,

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] OT: I need help locating a poem for my father's eulogy)