Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 14 (Julian)
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:02:10 -0700

Reminds me of when I worked at the admissions counter at a VA hospital
while getting my school benefits. We had a continuous stream of veterans
coming in with Agent Orange related problems. We, the temporary staff
that is, were told that as no paper work existed we could not take them
in on that complaint. Moreover, the complaints weren't just for the
veteran's condition, but it was mainly on behalf of their children.
Children that were being born with parts of organs missing, and immune
disasters. Eventually someone found the officially designated paperwork,
which we then made copies of and kept stashed in a drawer, right under
administration's noses where they were sure not to find it. We would
tell the veterans to take the forms home and make extra copies for their
friends and also make copies of their own records before they brought
them back for processing. Needless to say the majority were 'cruits or
draftees, the lifers were too stupid to think of anything past their
next cigarette stuck in the plastic tube in their throat.
Even though I showed up to work with my M-4, black paint, w/35 'cron, I
never did intrude on anyone's privacy or misery.

Slobodan Dimitrov