Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:00:09 EDT

All I would say is that I changed from an EOS1 system to an R8 and have never
regretted it. The quality of glass shows up the Canon lenses in many ways,
and the camera (with motor drive) is great to handle. I do not miss the
autofocus but I would suggest that this depends on your type of photography
and if I were a sports photographer then I may well need this feature.
Exposure, and the ease of switching to spot etc. is very good with the Leica,
as are the rest of the ergonomics.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Corporate & Stock Photography