Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicoid Digital.....
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 02:08:30 +0100

Steve Barbour wrote:

"I want to because I want a good digital camera"

You're not alone. However having spent a day last week using a D1, we're
still a way away from a *good* digital camera (unless you spend megabucks on
the studio backs).

The D1 is adequate (and superior IMHO to the D30 and S1), but *only*
adequate. I want a *much* smaller lens multiplication factor, and a *lot*
more resolution.

The new Kodak DCS760 looks like a significant improvement on Nikon's D1 (and
also seems to be a better spec than the D1X), so we'll see what that looks
like, but it's still 1.3x and only 6Mp.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

Wapingapo fahali wawili, ziumiazo ni nyasi