Subject: Re: [Leica] Photoshop help
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:39:03 +0100

I tried saving at 72 dpi, no difference.  The problem is not
photoshop, in photoshop they display ok, the problem only crops up
when I view the pics in an alternative image editor, or sometimes as a
web page.  I cant understand why they often look ok attached to an
email, then the artifacts crop up if I open them in micrsoft photo
editor!  Im left with no idea how it will look on the monitor of the
person Im sending it to!

14" monitor set to 16 bit hi colour 800x600, doesnt my browser use the
same setting?

I just tried saving a photo of someone elses from the web that
displayed perfectly in my browser, when I tried to open it up in PS I
got a dialogue box claiming the embedded greyscales/gamma were
different to my default and asking me to convert, I converted it and
it still looked fine, I then opened it in Photo Editor and the
artefacts were back!

One of my own pics 800x600 saved at 7 gives me a file of 95k which is
acceptable I spose, but its still displaying the wavey lines in the
large highlights!  Ill stick to a minimum of 7 in future and I guess
Ill just have to accept that its a fact of life with some pics.

I find the whole digital thing completely frustrating!

Thanks for the suggestions

Jason