Subject: Re: [Leica] "90mm" Options
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:59:36 +0200

> Here are some of the resulting test images:
> http://www.goodphotos.com/images/Jupiter9atF22.jpg and
> http://www.goodphotos.com/images/Jupiter9atF22a.jpg

I would add that J9 would work best about f/8 (even f/5.6),
up to f/11. Above this, diffraction will take its share.

Interesting; this would be a some kind of lens quality
evaluation: finding f/stop after which quality starts
to drop. Smaller number wins :)  Whaddaya' think?

> Not bad for a $100 lens.
Certainly. And today I saw one for 50$ equivalent in
some old shop.. Will take roll of cheapie film and
test it out (not buy, why? I already have a pinhole! :~)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> ([Leica] Photoshop help)