Subject: [Leica] Tri-X
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:55:59 -0500

As I have probably exposed at least 1946880 frames of Tri-X when I was a
staff photographer at a small daily the 9 years I was there, I liked Tri-X
the most at ISO 640.  I used this ISO with a slight push in D-76 one to one
for years.  I think it works nicely at this speed.  AT one time I went to
Tmax developer and I kept my film speed, but used that developer.  It worked
just fine.

For most of my personal work, I expose it around 250-320 where I develop it
for a whisker less than 10 minutes D-76 1+1 at 68°   I think it works great
at that indice.

It also works marvelousely at 1000 in acufine 1+1 for 11 minutes.  70° F

What this boils down to is that there are many ways in which to use Tri-X
and it really depends upon your vision and technique.

gck

Leica M, the quiet alternative