Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica longetivity
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 16:55:37 -0700

I had to take my M3 to a repair guy because the rangefinder was starting to
hang up at close range. I was reluctant to open it up because it still had
the black wax "L" seal. But, virgin or not, he had to go in. After I
received the camera I was amazed at the sparkilig clarity of the viewfinder.
He gave me a sheet of actual shutter speeds measures to tenth of a
millisecond.

Speeds were:

900
555
244
117
54
50
30
15
8
4
2
1

That camera is about 40 years old!

I know Leicas are good but once in a while I really get it.

Bill Lawlor