Subject: [Leica] combo: Tri-X, 35mm Summicron, Metz 20 BC 6 Flash
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:30:13 -0400

Greets,

I rarely shoot with my little flash, but I never rule it out either. I had
half a roll of Tri-X exposed at 400 in my camera and later in a low-light
situation didn't want to replace it, so flash it was! I've put a slide-show
of some of the results here:
http://home.golden.net/~tekapo/broken%20pencil/stratfordintro.html
All the shots were taken with the 35mm Summicron (non-asph version) and all
of them were lit by a cheap Metz 20 BC 6 flash -- all except one frame shot
in ambient light (a gold star for the first person who can correctly guess
which one!). I used the diffuser on the flash. My conclusion on using the
flash: Get real close and don't be scared to startle people!! (Let's face
it, flash bursts at 3-to-5 feet -- which is how close I was framing many of
the shots with the 35 -- can be annoying.) Most were candids. A few were
taken in pitch black darkness, I couldn't see anything and just aimed the
camera blindly. Hopefully, most LUGgers here won't be too easily offended by
some of the images, but if they are, apologies in advance. The occasion was
a public reading. I was the first to get up on stage and read, which was
nice since people were rapt with attention before they got too loaded.
Immediately afterwards I ran to the bar, plied myself with a double-beer,
and thereafter began shooting the rest of the shenanigans.

Regards, Dave Fisher
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada