Subject: RE: [Leica] hassy question
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:12:09 -0400

> If I was going to buy a used hassy what should I get? I want
> sheer bang for
> buck. I like WLFs and lenses around 50-150mm in this format. Don't want
> meters or drives or any of that stuff. Lenses as fast as
> possible.

The fastest lenses for Hasselblads are available for the 20xx series.  The
best one of the 200x series is the 2003FC/W.  There is also a 2000FC/W.  The
/W means it can take a winder.  The earlier version of this camera is the
2000FC and FC/M, both of which may or may not be a good buy...since I
understand some parts are no longer available.

The 200x can use BOTH the CF and the F lenses.  The CF lenses have the
shutter in the lense, the F has no shutter, and only work with the focal
plane bodies (namely the 20xx series).  Top shutter speed of the 200x is
2000 ;-)

The 2003 came with the famed acute-matte screen, which I highly recommend,
but sometimes you can get a 2000FC/W with the acute-matte.  The other
difference between the 2000FC/W and the 2003FC/W is the 2003 has a palpas
coated interior, which is supposed to reduce reflections...but I've never
noticed any problems with my 2000FC/W over my 2003FC/W.

The F series lenses I have are the 50/2.8, 110/2 (very very exceptional
lense), the 150/2.8 and the 250/4.  Also, as a note, the F lenses are, as
well as being faster, typically cheaper than their CF counterpart.

The only real advantage to the CF lenses is they sync at any speed, which is
why I also have a couple of CF lenses for use in the studio.

If fast lenses are your criteria, then the F body is the best one for you.

I just happen to have a 2000FC/W with the acute-matte screen for sale if you
are interested...as well as a 110/2 lense.  I also have a 500C/M Classic
'kit' for sale too, if the 2000 doesn't interest you.