Subject: RE: [Leica] Low Light Lens Dilemma: 35 Lux or Noctilux?
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:00:43 -0500

>danh@selectsa.com (Dan Honemann)4/6/0111:47 AM
>
>> What do you process the D3200 in?
>
>Ilford DDX has become my normal developer for D100, D400, D3200
>rolls and HP5 Sheets. I find it extremely consistent, love the
>liquid concentrate. Great for push processing. I've found no
>downside to the formula.
I too am using DDX. It is excellent!

>> Have you tried Neopan 1600 yet?
>
>I haven't. Some of the comments on the lug have lead me to desire
>to try it. But I'm trying to keep it simple and just stick with
>what's working well for me. Plus it isn't readily available in my
>area, where the Ilford line is.
>
>George

I have tried a bit of Neopan 1600. All rated 1600.
My best characterization of it is that it is "pastel"
Very soft grain. Painterly.

Delta 3200 at 1600 is big sharp grain.
I usually pass it up and live with slower shutter speeds if possible.
Really, really nice in MF.

Henry