Subject: RE: [Leica] Low Light Lens Dilemma: 35 Lux or Noctilux?
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:10:52 -0400

Ara...

It's simple.  I use my Noct wherever I go.  Period.  End of story.

Photos from the Noct appear to be 3D slices of reality, and are unlike any
I've ever seen taken by another lens.  Chromes are the only way to truly
appreciate results from the Noct, as prints always look flat by comparison.
The imagery I glean from it is so spectacular that my wife does not want me
to take photos with any other lens we own.  So I I don't.

In low light conditions I use Portra 800.  In bright light conditions I use
Portra 160 NC or Provia 100F, with neutral density filters if necessary.

The only thing I desire is a faster shutter on the M body, as 1/4000 and
above would a big improvement and would allow me to shoot with wider
aperatures in brighter conditions without the ND filters.

/Mitch Zeissler