Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:19:17 +0800

Steve,

The optional lens hood for the new Tri-Elmar is #12450.  It is made of metal
and has more protrusion above and below the lens than on the sides.

The front element of the Tri-Elmar is quite recessed at 35mm and 50mm
settings, but quite exposed at 28mm.  For the latter the use of a hood is
recommended.  If you have a filter attached, you should use a hood at all
times.

Please note that if you have the hood and/or a filter mounted,  the front
lens cap supplied with the lens can no longer be used.  I now have a Leica
E49 cap from the APO 135/3.4 instead.  This is, I am afraid, one silly
design that I fail to appreciate.

Hope this helps....

Joseph