Subject: Re: [Leica] Unrefridgerated Provia
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:53:33 -0500

At 02:20 PM 3/27/01 -0800, Jack Flesher wrote:
>I haven't been to Syria with Provia, but I've been through the American
>Southwest, and Death Valley with both Provia and Velvia... I kept the film
>protected from the sun, but not refrigerated, and suffered no ill effects
>over three-week stints. I can't imagine that an extra week or two would
>create any drastic problems.

When shooting "Down Range" in the 112 degree NM summer for days on end, we
used to keep all of our 220 film for the day and one small cold bottle of
water in those little insulated bags made for day trips with baby bottles.
Never had much of a problem with colour shift and always had water that
wasn't too hot to drink by the end of the day when away from the truck. One
bag for unexposed and one bag for exposed film, kept everything tidy too.
Not as convenient as having it all in a clear ziplock for hand inspection
at an airport carry on, but you can prepack the rolls you will need each day.

Have fun, stay safe take lots of good photos.
Michael