Subject: [Leica] Store in Amsterdam
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 01:44:28 -0800

Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:06:26 +0100
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Rain Gear

Craig,

Just carry your Leica(s) in some small bag, like the Domke 803, it is
sufficiently waterproof (I just walked around in London with the setup
yesterday while getting thoroughly soaked). If the rain becomes too much,
just
pop into the nearest bar, of which there are plenty in Amsterdam ;-) It is a
wonderful city, one of my favorites, especially for walking around.

As for film, go to Foto Nivo-Schweitzer on Haarlemmerdijk 46, near the
Central
Station. They have a full selection of pro and amateur film, plus lots of
great
gear, including new and used Leica. With the strong $ and the possibility to
get the Dutch VAT refunded when you leave, you may find yourself buying more

Nathan

Craig Semetko wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> I got a last minute deal to go to Amsterdam next week. And--NEWS FLASH--it
> appears the weather is going to be a little less inviting than here in LA.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to bag a couple M's while
> shooting in the rain?
>
> Also, does anyone know a good place in Amsterdam to buy TMAX or TriX on the
> cheap?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

- - --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch

Nathan--THANK YOU!

I have been to that photo store and couldn't remember the name or exact
location for the life of me. I remember getting a great buy on some Tri-x
there and lusting after a bunch of Leica stuff, but I would've wasted a lot
of time looking for it. Thanks a million.

About the bag--I already have the 803. I was wondering about actually
shooting in the rain and avoiding getting the camera wet. I suppose just
putting the camera in a zip lock bag and cutting out a space for the lens
and the advance lever is the best way.

Anyway, thanks for the name and address of my first destination!

Craig