Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: 135mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:15:45 -0500

Sal, for whom I have enormous respect, and I agree for the most part about
the f2.8/135.  The intention of my comments were that I did not find the 2.8
as contrasty as the f4.0, that the f2.8 was a big, heavy mother, and that I
found that the eyes dimmed the viewfinder.  This is not to say that the
f2.8/135 is a bad performer, just that it has characteristics which I do not
like and that the f4.0 fits MY needs by being smaller, lighter, and to my
eye a bit more contrasty.  Also, I endorse Sal's recommendation to use any
135 with a .85 body or an M3.

	Buzz Hausner