Subject: Re: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!-Copyright law
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:44:51 -0500

My understanding is that in the USA, to be able to collect punitive damages
in a copyright lawsuit, the work must have been registered with the
government (Library of Congress?).  Normal damages are still collectable,
and the work is deemed copyrighted as soon as it is created, regardless of
whether or not you reistered it first.

dan c.