Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW latest
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:36:36 -0500

At 08:11 AM 3/11/01 -0800, Dennis wrote:
>BTW. These PAW page formats that add a thumbnail per week sure load
>s-l-o-w for me! I don't have a high speed connection and for those
>of us on a slow link a different format would help.

I am using a high speed connection and while it is only moderately slow
not, I can see it being insanely slow come November.

I chose the system that Kyle used last year as it allows folks to bring up
a separate page with a thumbnail and then view the image 600X400 if they so
choose.

The weekly update entails only updating my PAW Index page and the
immediately previous week's page so that their links point to the new week,
and then creating this weeks page (from template) and uploading the full
sized and thumbnail images to the images folder. Takes about 10 minutes
(including sizing the images to roughly 600X400 and 250X170.)

The other option is to paste the link to the actually image itself for
folks who have a dialup only connection.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael